SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've spoken to another friend of mine who works in insurance, and he's assured me that he'll be able to square it with my insurance company for the remap! Anyway, there's a company I'm looking at, autoremap.com, and they say they can remap my 90bhp TDi to 125bhp. I know it's not a huge amount, but I was just wondering, are there likely to be any major side-effects if I go with this? Is it necessary to have any other parts on the car upgraded to handle the extra power, or is it such a small increase that it won't make a difference?

Also, what would be the difference then between my remapped TDi 90bhp and a Leon 130bhp model regarding fuel consumption etc - would it be the same or close, also performance-wise?

G

·
90 to 125 looks about right but not heard of the company .... ask them the questions well.

If you re-map a car it will always add some pressure to the car as you have taken it past standard.

You dont need to have any parts upgraded as its not a massive hike, if you had a 150 TDi then there would be more torque and therefore more pressure on your clutch

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
nope no major side affects....your fuel consumption when flooring it will obviously go down however general driving actually tends to go up :s

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent....just what I wanted to hear! Thanks lads...much appreciated....as soon as I get it done I'll update the forum...can't wait! TDi Leons are very rare in Ireland, so I was in a position where I kind of had to go for the 90bhp, and I'd prefer that than go for a boring Golf (IMHO :yes4lo: ), so if I just got that bit extra that'd do me...cheers again:yes4lo:

·
Registered
92 Posts
same question on my 100...i got a figure quote that could increase to 145, anyone know if any other physical changes needed to the car to handle it?

am going to do the wheels (and poss suspension) first :)

thx

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure mate....I'm getting mine put back to standard on Friday though....90bhp to 124bhp, but it certainly didn't feel like that much of an increase. I'd say you'd be fine with that increase, without any other changes. The geezer that did mine told me he's increased cars to 180bhp without any upgrading of clutch/brakes etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.