SEAT Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Donny (fab by the way, apart from this). Got back to my car in the parking bit & there, before my eyes, a scooby with no wheels, no front, back lights or indicators, no side skirts, no bonnet & god knows what else the low lifes took. The poor owner & his girlfriend looked absolutely gutted!! They was a few police there looking at it, but can you imagine how he felt? I can't belive it happened in broad daylight in at a show packed full of show goers & marshals. It really put a downer on the day!

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's terrible! I read about something like that happening at Dublin Airport....some bloke came back to his car (Golf GTi) after his holidays and the wheels were gone....they didn't even have the decency to put it up on blocks!! :no6xn:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The scooby was just on the grass with 1 of the front discs propped up by the spare wheel! can't stop thinking about it. I've had a few minor things done to my cars over the years you know, bagdes nicked, paint poured over roof, scratched, lard smeared on the window (which is a get to clean off) but hells teeth this takes the biscuit!

G

·
Thats Donny show for you now ... attracts CHAVS

I really fail to see how security failed to nice someone taking a car apart did they think he was selling it for spares!

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
that really sucks, cant believe no-one said anything. probably going straight onto someone elses car!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Absolutely unbelievable! I'm not sure if I'll go to donny again. doesn't seem worth it. Not unless something drastic happens about security. It was full of chavvy k**bs stoned out of their face, you could smell it everywhere you went. People in the queue were drinking it 8:30am! Abit early for me!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Security (and everyone else) probably just thought the dismantling was the owner doing some last minute "modifications" to his car.

Shame, but does emphasise you don't want to park cars of such style in a place of such clientele (many being Chavs)

·
Registered
951 Posts
Already saw the pictures of this on another site, pretty shocking the frequency of this sort of stuff happening at shows now-a-days.
Thats one of the reasons I don't go to shows anymore, only to owner's meets, which is just a group of people behaving themselves and talking to others about cars.

Nearly as bad as the stolen Evo's the other year at Trax.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.